Thursday 21 April 2011

About Gabriel Salazar!

Gabriel Salazar was my teacher of “Historia de Chile” in the second semester the second year. He is teacher of History, he studied philosophy and sociology. Salazar is a man who belonged to the MIR in his youth, since 1970- 1973. But in 1973, with the “coup military” and the dictatorship, he was detained and tortured at Villa Grimaldi, in 1976 he went into exile in UK where he studied a Ph.D in “Economic and Social History” in the University of Hull.

Salazar, along with other historians, is the founder of "Social History." This collects stories of the “Bajo pueblo”, of the vanquished and not the victors, for him, every stories were true, specially of the “town people”.

The teacher Gabriel, in 2006, won "Premio Nacional de Historia de Chile", he has written many publications, between books and articles.

Why I like him? Because the teacher, open my mind about another kind of the History, with that I can work with the children in my future job, although difficult to oppose the official curriculum.

See you class, dear classmate!

Bye ;)

6 comments:

  1. He is one of the good teacher we have in the carrer! I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabriel Salazar is a great teacher and educational character. It really was a contribution to our education, not only as an academic, but also for their life witness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when Salazar was my teacher. He is very important in the social history. I think that Salazar is kind of the History too.

    Kisses. I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like very much the Salazar's works. I was lucky to have a class with him.

    Good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love this professor! is great, his thoughts on the social history of Chile is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete